top of page

Stay safe while away in your Caravan, Motorhome or Tent

Updated: Nov 28, 2019

Carbon Monoxide can Kill, CO is Odourless and cannot be seen.

Carbo Monoxide is poisonous, colourless and odourless, and in high concentrations can kill quickly. Lower concentrations of this gases poisoning can give you flu or food poisoning like symptoms, without the temperature. Be aware of any symptoms like headaches, nausea and vomiting, dizziness and weakness. Take steps to avoid any chance of poisoning by following some safety tips: -

Fitting a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in your Caravan or Motorhome, to be used alongside the precautions below.

Do not take BBQs into your tent, awning, Caravan or Motorhome, as a BBQ which is cooling gives off plenty carbon monoxide.

Do Not use gas or paraffin heaters to heat your tent or awning, unless permanently fitted during manufacture.

Do not use a gas, petrol or diesel-powered generator inside your caravan, motorhome, tent or awning. Take care to ensure that fumes from your generator don’t blow into your unit.

Do not cook inside your tent or awning.

Do not use any gas, charcoal, liquid or solid fuel appliance within your tent or awning. Also remember that gas powered fridges and lamps require plenty of ventilation, preventing them from producing CO, tents and awning aren’t generally designed with this in mind.

Make sure that your gas appliances in your caravan and motorhome are checked regularly (this should be part of its annual service).

Stay safe and enjoy your time out in your tents, caravans and motorhomes. Awareness of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and by taking simple steps to avoid exposure will keep you and your family safe.

Your can see more and upload safety posters from the Camping and Caravan Club's website.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page